The Steelmen held their annual end of season presentation evening on Saturday 20th May at the Welfare. The night was well supported and included video presentations, a number of speeches and the presentation of the awards.
The awards, including the coveted Clive Burgess Man of Steel, were announced by club President Mark Powell and the winners were as follows:
- Clive Burgess Man of Steel – Dom Franchi.
- Denzel Williams Players Player of the Year – Ethan Phillips.
- Gareth Howls Captain Award – Co-captains Joe Franchi and Rhys Francis.
- Ivor Evans Clubman of the Year – Lewis Young.
- Doctor Gordon Thomas Award – Joe Franchi
- Ebbw Addicts Player of the Year – Dylan Bartlett
- Ebbw Addicts Most Promising Player – Carrick McDonough
- Top Point scorer – Evan Lloyd with 187 in the league
- Top Try Scorer – Carrick McDonough with 10 in the league
- 100 Caps – Rhys Francis, Lewis Young and Dom Franchi.
- Try of the season – Fullback Morgan Richards for his try against Pontypridd at Sardis Road.
A special mention to Ebbw Vale youth winger Harry Rees Weldon who received his Wales u18s cap on the evening from WRU employee Angharad Collins.
The club would like to thank all those involved for their hard work, the supporters for their amazing support both home and away and are looking forward to seeing everyone next year, which promises to be another exciting season of Steelmen Rugby.
Indigo Premiership End of Season Statistics
Evan Lloyd 187 League Points (2nd in League)
Gethin Williams 14 dominant tackles (2nd in League)
Carrick McDonough 10 tries (3rd in League)
Lewis Young 28 turnovers (4th in League)
Ethan Phillips 12 line breaks (3rd in League)
Dom Franchi won the coveted Man of Steel Award, while Dylan Bartlett was awarded the Ebbw Addicts Player of the Year at the end of season Presentation Evening