Several law changes come into effect in the northern hemisphere from August 1st.
- Law 20.5 and 20.6 (d) Throwing the ball into the scrumNo signal from Referee. The scrum half must throw the ball in straight, but is allowed to align his shoulder on the middle line of the scrum, therefore allowing him to stand a shoulder width towards his side of the middle line.
- Law 20.9 (b) Handling in the scrum – exceptionAllow the No 8 to pick the ball from the feet of the 2nd Rows.
- Law 20 Striking after the throw-inOnce the ball touches the ground in the tunnel, any front row player may use either foot to try to win possession of the ball. One player from the team who put the ball in must strike for the ball. Sanction: Free Kick
- Amended Law 15.4 (c)The tackler must get up before playing the ball and then can only play from his side of the tackle gate.
- Law16:Breakdown Amended Ruck LawA ruck commences when at least one player is on their feet and over the ball which is on the ground (tackled player, tackler). At this point the offside line is created. A player on his feet may use his hands to pick up the ball as long as this is immediate. As soon as an opposition player arrives no hands can be used.
- Law 16.4: Other Ruck OffencesA player must not kick the ball out of a ruck. The player can only hook it in a backwards motion. Sanction: Penalty Kick
You can download a copy for yourself here. 170712 CL EXCO Decision – LRG EN
LATEST NEWSMatch Day Ticketing – Please Read
Match Day Ticketing – Please Read On Saturday we welcome our friends from Sardis Road, Pontypridd RFC to Eugene Cross Park in the Indigo Premiership Cup, a 14:30pm Kick Off. Over the last few weeks we have installed a new digital ticketing system at the club where by we urge visiting and supporters who are […]Read More